Thursday, 3 May 2012

Proud as Punch!

Where do I begin?  This post is a special one because this house was designed by my gorgeous best friend Andy.  I know, pretty amazing huh?  On Friday five of us flew up to Sydney to attend the Australian Interior Design Awards as this project was shortlisted in the Residential Design category.  It is such an achievement to be shortlisted amongst the major architecture and interior design practices in Australia, even more so considering that Andy is an office of one person - herself! 

So there we were, all glammed up and enjoying the event, when the Emerging Interior Design Practice category was announced.  Then - BAM! - Studio Moore was announced as a finalist.  It was such a priceless moment and I wouldn't of missed it for the world.  The finalists in that category hadn't yet been announced so it was such an amazing surprise.  We all couldn't be more proud of our friend and she is so modest about it all.  If it was me I would probably we dancing on the tables!  Ha!

It's been fantastic for Andy to get this recognition as it has been a project that she has worked so hard on for a while.  I think the images speak for themselves, so I won't go an about how amazing it is, you can see that.  Simply stunning.

Photographs by Lachlan Moore. Talent runs in the family with Andy's brother, a photographer that has just officially opened Rockby Studios.  He shoot the house, check out his post here about the house in more detail.  Watch this space...

BREAKING NEWS!
Announced just yesterday, the house is also in the running for the 2012 Houses Awards.  It is shortlisted with only 9 others for House Alteration/ Addition over 200m2.  Exciting times!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I knew exactly what it was from the first photo. So beautiful! Congratulations Andy, as Lauren has said, we are so proud of you! A tear in my eye. I hope your parents enjoy the house. elle XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great isn't it Elle! But I have to say I'm not surprised, she deserves the recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an AMAZING space. Congratulations to Andy - recognition well deserved. Imagine living there. It's heavenly. Is it your parents' house? Or did I misread Elle's comment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Belinda,
    Thank you for your lovely message! It is actually Andy's parents house, it is simply stunning isn't it! Her parents are the most gorgeous people and they absolutely LOVE living in their new house. Very happy client!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...